1. Bare Wires w/ Outdoorsmen and Taxi Boys
Where: East End
How Much: $8 (+21)
When: Thursday, June 30th
Why: Matthew Melton has been kicking out the jams for the better part of a decade. Originally from Memphis, Melton moved to Oakland where his solo efforts brought on projects like Snake Flower 2 and Bare Wires. The latter is the finest power-pop glam/punk you’ll hear out of Oakland. Keep your ears peeled for new songs from their third album due out later this year!
This entry was written by Upcoming and tagged Bare Wires, Blues Festival, DJ Cuica, DJ Honey O, DJ L-Train, DJ Linger, DJ Linoleum, DJ Patricia Furpurse, East End, Edgefield, Girl Trouble, Hempstead World Music Festival, McMenamins, Modest Mouse, Outdoorsmen, Portland Music, Talkdemonic, Taxi Boys, Washington Park. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink., posted on June 30, 2011 at 3:27 am, filed under
1. Mean Jeans Mini Tour Kick Off! w/ Terraform & Blood Beach
Where: Tonic Lounge
How Much: $5 (+21)
When: Friday, June 24 – 9:30pm
Why: In the past several months Tonic Lounge has been playing host to countless good shows and this one is going to rock your socks off. It’s always a good time with the too cool for school punks, the Mean Jeans. Come see why they have been called Portland’s best party band, and be sure to bring some extra dollars for some merch!
This entry was written by Upcoming and tagged Blood Beach, Deelay Ceelay, Doug Fir, Easter Teeth, Ella St Social Club, Guantanamo Baywatch, Hooded Hags, Hunx and His Punx, Iretsu, Live, Nucular Aminals, Portland Music, Risk/Reward Festival, Shannon and The Clams, Terraform, The Know, The Mean Jeans, The Shivas, Tonic Lounge. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink., posted on June 22, 2011 at 12:23 pm, filed under
1. Times New Viking w/ And And And
- Where: Bunk Bar
- How Much: $10 (+21)
- When: Thursday, June 16th – 9pm
- Why: DIY trio hailing from Columbus, Ohio, Times New Viking brings us ridiculously addictive hooks, clever lyrics, and just the right kiss-off attitude. Jumping from Matador Records to an even bigger indie label, Merge, they released their fifth album, Dancer Equired earlier this year.
This entry was written by Upcoming and tagged And And And, Bridge City Comics, Bunk Bar, ELEVEN PDX, Holocene, KZME, Live, Mississippi Studios, Portland Music, Robot Uprise, The Reservations, The Slants, Times New Viking, Wampire. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink., posted on June 16, 2011 at 10:56 am, filed under
If you demand a more enticing line than click to read more, than click to see more!
This entry was written by ELEVEN, Live and tagged Boy Eats Drum Machine, ELEVEN PDX, Jared Mees & The Grown Children, Live, Portland Music, Radiation City, Tender Loving Empire, Typhoon, Wonder Ballroom, Y La Bamba. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink., posted on June 10, 2011 at 12:34 am, filed under
1. The Builders & The Butchers
- Where: Doug Fir
- How Much: $12 (+21)
- When: Tonight, June 8th & June 9th – 9pm
- Why: The third full-length release out earlier this year, Dead Reckoning, veers little from what’s worked best in the past: staying true to their folk-bluegrass driven roots. Stopping in our neck of the woods before embarking on their summer European tour, The Builders & The Butchers are home for two magical nights at Doug Fir. Catch them tonight with Federale and tomorrow with Kelli Schaefer.
This entry was written by Upcoming and tagged Brute Heart, Federale, Feelings, Kelli Schaefer, Live, Noisey, Portland Music, Psychic Feline, Purple Rhinestone Eagle, The Builders & The Butchers, The Thermals, The Woods, Valentine's, VICE, Wampire. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink., posted on June 8, 2011 at 9:33 pm, filed under
Our inaugural issue is available at many, many places in Portland such as the Tender Loving Empire store, Kelly’s Olympian, Jackpot Records, most Pizzicato locations, nearly anywhere on Hawthorne St. and plenty of other coffee shops, music venues, record and music stores, restaurants and cantinas, and especially college campuses.
This (one) one’s for you, Portland!
This entry was written by ELEVEN and tagged Eleven Magazine, ELEVEN PDX, Hawthorne St., Issue 1.1, Jackpot Records, Kelly's Olympian, Live, PDX, Portland, Portland Music, PSU, Reed College, Tender Loving Empire. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink., posted on June 6, 2011 at 10:18 pm, filed under
1. ELEVEN PDX Proudly Presents:
TENDER LOVING EMPIRE’S 4th BIRTHDAY &
ELEVEN PDX LAUNCH PARTY!
- Where: Wonder Ballroom
- How Much: $10 (adv)/$12
- When: Friday, June 3rd – 7pm
- Why: Cake! Prizes! Piñata! Photobooth! Music from: Jared Mees & The Grown Children, Typhoon, Y La Bamba, Loch Lomond, Radiation City, and Boy Eats Drum Machine. Copies of the inaugural (June) issue of Eleven PDX will be available! Get there early and stay all night! tenderlovingempire.com
This entry was written by Upcoming and tagged Boy Eats Drum Machine, Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr, Doug Fir, ELEVEN PDX, Jared Mees & The Grown Children, Loch Lomond, Mississippi Studios, Party, Radiation City, Sallie Ford & the Sound Outside, Tender Loving Empire, Typhoon, Wonder Ballroom, Y La Bamba. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink., posted on June 1, 2011 at 2:24 pm, filed under