1. The Builders & The Butchers
– Where: Doug Fir
– How Much: $12 (+21)
– When: Tonight, June 8th & June 9th – 9pm
– Why: The third full-length release out earlier this year, Dead Reckoning, veers little from what’s worked best in the past: staying true to their folk-bluegrass driven roots. Stopping in our neck of the woods before embarking on their summer European tour, The Builders & The Butchers are home for two magical nights at Doug Fir. Catch them tonight with Federale and tomorrow with Kelli Schaefer.
2. VICE Presents: Uncapped Live! Featuring Wampire, Purple Rhinestone Eagle, and Feelings
– Where: The Woods
– How Much: FREE (w/ RSVP www.viceland.com/uncappedlive)
– When: Friday, June 10th – 8pm
– Why: The Thermals will curate this event! Don’t forget to RSVP and get there early! Live footage will be shot for Vice’s new music site, Noisey. Wampire will be debuting a new and reworked material. Feelings is a much darker reincarnation of Guidance Counselor, and Purple Rhinestone Eagle brings the heavy riffs and good old-fashioned rock’n’roll.
3. Psychic Feline w/ Brute Heart
– Where: Valentine’s
– How Much: FREE (+21)
– When: Sunday, June 12th – 9pm
– Why: Two of Portland’s best-kept secrets in one night! Valentine’s is a place for music, space for art, film screenings, and delicious cocktails. Psychic Feline is a three-piece garage psych outfit that sounds best in smaller venues (Valentine’s, your friend’s basement, etc). When the haunting vocals and hypnotic bass lines send you down the rabbit hole, that’s when you know they’re doing it right.