1. ELEVEN PDX Proudly Presents:
TENDER LOVING EMPIRE’S 4th BIRTHDAY &
ELEVEN PDX LAUNCH PARTY!
– Where: Wonder Ballroom
– How Much: $10 (adv)/$12
– When: Friday, June 3rd – 7pm
– Why: Cake! Prizes! Piñata! Photobooth! Music from: Jared Mees & The Grown Children, Typhoon, Y La Bamba, Loch Lomond, Radiation City, and Boy Eats Drum Machine. Copies of the inaugural (June) issue of Eleven PDX will be available! Get there early and stay all night! tenderlovingempire.com
2. Sallie Ford & the Sound Outside
– Where: Doug Fir
– How Much: $11(adv)/$12 (+21)
– When: Friday, June 3rd & Saturday, June 4th – 9pm
– Why: A record release and the beginning of an insane tour schedule kicks off with two nights at Doug Fir! Dirty Music, the quartet’s first full-length album, is the perfect marriage of modern and vintage. A youthful spin on swing, blues, country, and soul all rolled into one Sallie Ford & the Sound Outside.
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
– Where: Mississippi Studios
– How Much: $10(adv)/$12 (+21)
– When: Monday, June 6th – 9pm
– Why: It doesn’t seem like much good comes from good old Detroit these days, but the Motor City does have one prime export to be proud of: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. The indie-pop duo visits us on the eve of their highly anticipated full-length debut, It’s A Corporate World. Filled with bare-bones percussion and synth layers, it might just be your summertime favorite.